Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Warning: Do not read while eating!!

So my days are always adventurous and I tend to find myself in odd situations.  When dealing with 250 students ages 8-13 daily, it is always interesting to see and hear what they come up with. 

One of my 3rd graders (IA) came up to me in the hallway prior to class starting.  She had a look of absolute panic on her face, so I inquired.  Her response to me was she just coughed something up and was holding it in her hand.  Without trying to laugh at her seriousness or want to get sick myself, I showed concern.  She then proceeds to open her hand and show me that she coughed up a piece of her braid.  Bleck. (My guess is that she was chewing on her braids, did not realize she chewed one off and swallowed it.)

Lesson:  When a child tells you she coughed something up, just send them to the bathroom immediately.  DO NOT look at the object. 

No comments:

Post a Comment